Monday, August 10, 2009

Homesteading alone.

What we are doing now isn't possible. When it comes to resources, and most importantly human resources, we just don't have them. I have some leadership abilities. By that, I mean that I can boss people around, come up with ideas, and manage the work around here but I need other people involved. Seth works full time and so does his dad. For now, they are the only people around to help out. Friends and other family members have expressed interest.
I don't have anything to offer them except maybe a room in my house, a room in the old house that doesn't even belong to us, and some of whatever they can help us produce. A great deal for them, huh?

My parents have talked about coming down here, and my mom is especially excited about helping us garden.

Even if we could do this alone, with only us, I do not think I want to. I want a community. I want this to be a community effort. Ive mentioned it to some friends, but I don't really know if people are truly willing to jump into this.

Most of my friends are in college. Okay, I'm supposed to be in college this fall. Maybe that's what I should do, then in a couple years I can re-evaluate the situation and see who's up for it at that point.

I am desperately lonely. At least lonely in the sense that I feel like I am on a mission to do this all by myself. Support is really low, and it undermines my ideas. It's the confidence issue, I suppose.

It would help if the 22 acres actually belonged to us. Sometimes I entertain the idea of packing up and moving to the Appalachian Mtns. Isn't that what everyone is doing these days? Well they are beautiful and I love it there...

I am interested in eco-village style community life. Any takers? Here, there, anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment