Sunday, June 7, 2009

More documentation...

I walked around the property again, just to get a good idea of what's going on in the places that I'm not visiting every day (though even in the few acres immediately around us, I find myself surprised to see whats growing!). Here's an example of things right around my house that I forgot to include in the last post...


Some of the flowers have died, but it's a really pretty little plant that Ive spotted in a few locations.

Here's a tour of the places we don't visit as often but are right around us.

This is one of the most beautiful places on the property. We have a grove of live oaks, water oaks and a few pines. Its nice and shady during the day and so far hasn't been heavily disturbed by the tallows.

A pine tree killed by pine beetles.

A surviving pine tree.

A live oak hidden in a tallow forest.

This area is often wet and boggy and was also heavily fertilized for decades when the cows were here. As a result things grow very well and there are tons of butterflies, moths and dragonflies.

I stopped along the way to eat some fresh blackberries :)

That's it for now. Another update coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment